04 September 2010

The Digital Perm Experience

I have always loved curling my hair. I feel sexiest when my hair is curly. And so I thought of getting a perm. I had to fight the urge of getting my hair rebonded for the past months, no matter how unmanageable it was (because of frequent styling). All in the name of having curls.

And so after a year and a half (since I last had my hair rebonded), I caught myself in Tony and Jackey (some Korean salon) inquiring about the "digital perm". "This is it!", I thought to myself. I was very excited. But as I was talking to the hairstylist, I realized I was torn between getting a rebond or a perm. Getting a rebond is cheaper actually. And I thought it would be easier to maintain a rebonded hair than a permed hair. But then, I had to consider that my new job would require me to bun my hair everyday. So there you go. I thought it would be wise to experience getting a perm.

After patiently waiting for more than four hours, I felt like a celebrity afterwards (nah..I am just exaggerating!). But really, I felt so pretty having those pretty curls.. After two days, I came back to the salon to get a Hair Manicure (which is included in the package) and get my hair washed also. I was advised not to wash my hair for two days by the hair stylist. I paid roughly 4,000. 1/4 of the hair was rebonded and and the remaining  was permed..

The following day, I noticed that my hair was frizzy and was really dry. I was devastated. It's perfectly fine when it's wet but when it's not, it is difficult to manage. And my brother John-John even called me Kirara. He said,"Ate, you look like Kirara. You're so dark and you're hair is curly." Haha..

So I had to go to Watson's and buy a new Conditioner. I bought L'oreal Conditioner for 345Php and another L'oreal Anti-Frizz Serum for 165Php. But looked liken the Anti-Frizz Serum could not hold the curls.

I came back to the salon and asked for some possible remedies..Out of dismay, I told them I wanted to get it rebonded again. The Filipino Manager told me it doesn't look bad, but if I really wanted to get it rebonded I have to pay 5000Php. But the Korean hair stylist told me it would be "sayang" and the possible option he gave me was to extend the rebond into an inch or two..I was in a hurry that time. So I told them I would come back by Saturday. But my mother was able to convince me not to get it rebonded because it would just be damaged.. I thought my mom had a point. And that I didn't want to regret "again".

I went to Robinson's and tried to find Pantene Mousse. Heard from a friend that it's good. But it wasn't available in that mall. So I just bought L'oreal Studio Curl Power for 445Php.

Finally, I felt like my problem was solved.. I also found Sunsilk Styling Cream on my room. I bought it back in Qatar but for sure it is not as expensive as L'oreal.. And I liked it..

Although I miss my long straight chemically treated hair, I have to say I am learning to love my new permed hair. The thing about it, it looks natural now. But I am still in the process of finding better hair products on my hair..

If you're planning to get a perm,do your research first. There are advantages and disadvantages.
I'll blog about my hair routine soon..

1 comment:

krissy ♥ said...

I have been wanting to have my hair digi-permed for months now but the cost always sets me back. Besides, I don't know if it will look good on me. In the meantime I use my trusted curling iron for instant curls, but then again they are too damaging =/