03 September 2010

PDOS

It was my first time to attend a Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) last Friday, although this would be the 5th time I will be working in a foreign country PDOS is a requirement and it is necessary to prepare the person in settling to another country. I must say, that living and working abroad is not easy. Going out of your comfort zone could be tough, while adjusting to different cultures and traditions. 


Supposedy, it should start at 8am, but following the Filipino time it started at 8:30am and finished at around 4pm. We had a thirty-minute lunch break.


Various topics are discussed here such as travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants. 


The attendees came from different agencies. Some of them are going to Singapore, Hongkong, Qatar, Kuwait and Dubai. I met two lovely ladies - Jen and Joy. We were seating in the same row. And we will be working for the same company. And surprisingly they are also Christians and we are attending the same church.Grabeeeh, even at the most unexpected place, God will continue to reveal to me how much He loves me. I was definitely blessed to hear their testimonies. We became instant friends and I am looking forward to hang out with them in the desert SOON...














No comments: