12 September 2010

My Small Group: I LOVE!

After coming back from the desert, I felt like a lost sheep who didn't know where to go and in the same way, I felt like an "alien" in my own country. Life seemed empty. I was restless. I was unsure of everything. My prayers included questions. My heart was full of doubts and worries from all the pains that  I've gone through. I felt like a failure. But through God's grace, I found myself back in the race again..For the first time in my life, I surrendered everything to Him and I learned to trust Him.. To trust my life to Him.

Since I wanted to know Him more, I started going to the church again. This time, it feels like a "date with Him", unlike before when it felt like a duty. I would be excited to hear the Message and be thrilled for the Praise and Worship.

But although I was going to church regularly, I could not commit myself to serving a  Ministry or to having a Small Group. I was supposed to work in a hotel in Palawan then. I was just waiting for the Contract. But something happened. After all those irrelevant exams and very unorganized interviews (that would require me to fly from Manila to Palawan), the HR Manager hired someone for that post at the very last minute without giving me a decent explanation.

I had to find another job. Luckily, I found one. It's just a twenty-minute drive away from our house. And I saw how nice and friendly the employees were. So I thought maybe they're well-compensated aside from getting a  free meal everyday. I took the exam and I passed. Had to undergo four interviews and had favorable feedbacks from the bosses. 

So while waiting on when I would have my Medical, I approached our Senior Pastor about my desire to be part of a Small Group. I was then introduced to a beautiful woman named Charlene, who then became my Small Group Leader. And my prayer was answered.
Charlene is very accommodating. She smiles a lot. Her smile is very inviting. I don't think she knows it, but when she smiles, you'll be blessed. She's full of wisdom. She's kind-hearted, reserved and is very humble. She loves her family and her friends. She's being admired for her charm and simplicity. She's witty, deep and a fun-loving soul. But more than anything else, Charlene served as an instrument used by God so I would get to know Him more. She also helped me to know my worth as a woman and as a person. She guided me all through out my journey in knowing my Saviour Jesus Christ. She was ready to answer all my questions. She always had ears to listen to my stories, pains and struggles. She was constantly there to offer a prayer and she prayed for me a lot. She's a woman of God. A blessing to the people around her. Beyond any doubt, she inspired me to be just like her.

So going back to my application, I was asked by the company to wait a little longer since there was a change in Management and so on and so forth... I was assured I'll get the job. But I've been waiting for weeks and I didn't want to waste any time like what I've done from my previous application.  Out of the blue, I tried to apply in an agency. It was the last day of the screening when I came to the agency. After two days, I had my final interview and I passed. Having God's favor, the  processing of the documents was so fast and easy. And the last thing I knew, I was signing the Contract.

I didn't have any plans of leaving the country this year. [Back read here.] But I believe God has other plans for me. Bigger and brighter.  So who am I to say "no"? Especially now that I know He is walking with me. I stand secure. I am also happy that I was able to get my braces removed last August and I was able to finish the One2One..He is amazing.. He did prepare me for this job, physically and spiritually.:)

But then, I will surely miss my Small Group/Victory Group Family. Through this group I was able to meet beautiful and amazing women of God like ICAH, SHERYL, KATE, APRIL and IVEE... They are not just my friends but also my Sisters in Christ. They have touched my life in their own ways and helped me learn so many things about life, love and FAITH. They were generous in sharing their lives to me and have invited me to be part of their lives. Their stories, experiences, struggles inspired me and helped me to realize a lot of things..Even if we've been only together for a few months, they offered me a gift of friendship which I could treasure for the rest of my life... I am thankful...


So I am sharing you some of our photos last August 30 in Tagaytay. 
So happy we were complete here.
We decided to have this girl bonding 
since I am leaving for Middle East and Charlene is leaving for UK.   
    
It was undoubtedly a memorable "DATE" for all of us. Like as if we didn't want the day to come to an end. I learned so much about them and even  about myself. The experience was just simply touching. I was BLESSED! 


signatures:)

THANK YOU LADIES!

No comments: